Amongst the information and sources that have been used for the texts, there are in addition to many single reports:
- Amnesty International (ai) with special topics such as: “Amnesty Report – Saudi Arabia, 2017”
- Atheist Republic (http://www.atheistrepublic.com/)
with various reports from around the world, such as the situation in Malaysia
- Federal Foreign Office (AA) with country-specific assessments of the situation in the country.
- BAMF (Federal Institute for Migration and Refugees): “Information Center on Asylum and Migration: Location of Religious Communities in Selected Islamic Countries” (August 2011)
- German Federal Parliament, Scientific Service: “Religious Freedom and Apostasy in Islam” (2006)
- International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU): “Freedom of Thought Report” (annually)
- U.S. Pat. Department of State: International Religious Freedom Report for 2016
(Search the desired country under “Countries / Regions”)
- Yourmiddleast.com is an internet portal that publishes various reports on atheists in Arab countries, eg.
- Wikipedia has an overview
(with further links to individual countries)